I don’t really accept bookings for headshots. I schedule portrait sessions, of which head-shots are a byproduct.
The best results typically come from the subject and I meeting in a walkable neighborhood and spending an hour or so taking photos. Being photographed should be a pleasant and affirming experience. You are setting time aside for yourself and when when people don’t do that, you can see it in the final images.
After our shoot, I like to sit at a coffee-shop and have you mark some of the RAW images that you like. RAW is basically like digital film; it still needs to be developed. I will then narrow down from your selections and send you the finalized images the following week.
Not everyone photographs perfectly on the same backdrop. This is why I don’t like doing marathon headshot sessions. I don’t like posing people. I prefer to interact with the environment and collaborate with my subjects until a genuine moment of their true selves presents itself and asks to be captured. Doing headshot sessions typically involves more lighting setup and more time on the laptop editing the photos for consistency. I hate focusing on people’s imperfections. I hate forcing different, unique and beautiful human beings into consistent boxes.
Portraits | Starting at $350
- Single subject
- 5-8 finalized images
- Natural light, outdoor setting
- Typically an hour of shooting followed by a half hour of photo selection
- Post-production and photo editing
- Images will be emailed to you after post
- Add $100 per additional person, additional rates may apply for more complex shoots
- Add $2/mile for shoots taking place outside of Central San Diego areas
- Client will cover travel and lodging expenses for shoots taking place outside of Southern California
Additional Links + Resources